dgs

Steve Jackson wrote:

> "dgs" > wrote in message
>
>>Ya gotta learn to include quotes in your posting, even if you're using
>>Google groups. BTW, a better alternative is to get a free account
>>on news.individual.de and use a newsreader client like Firefox or
>>Agent instead.

> You know, Don, if I wanted to be you-like to you

Nobody would want to be that. Noooooooobody!

> I could jump all over your
> ass and point out that you're some sort of troglodytic half-wit

I've moved up from quarter! Thanks for the props!

> because you
> can't tell the difference between a browser like Firefox and a news/email
> client like Thunderbird.

Can too! I just chose not to.

> Yeah, they're both Mozilla, but I'm sure it's very
> confusing.

Is not! It's more like the fact that NS 7.x still includes the whole
suite as a bundled package, while the Mozilloids have decided to
separate the browser and the mail/news client into separate things.
So I'm still all old-school and Netscape-y and shit.

> But I won't do that.

Won't do what?

> Oh, and nice touch with the spelling flames elsewhere in the thread.

*squeal* Thanks!

> Those
> are *so* challenging to come up with.

They are?

> And I'm sure you feel at least a good
> inch taller now and much more attractive to women.

Only an inch? And which women in particular did you have in mind? The
ones mentioned in that Dogs Die In Hot Cars song that sounds uncannily
like XTC?

> The guy's obviously green, has only the beginnings of an idea, but I give
> him points for asking for thoughts before, say, sinking $800,000 into a
> brewery and kitchen. Hell, you should know from a brewpub owner you're
> familiar with about a three-hour drive south of you that someone who's open
> to any advice at all, instead of "fearlessly" plunging into the abyss is
> miles ahead of the game.

Oh, yeah, that brewpub owner. Also out there making friends and sharing
the love on a certain well-known web-based beer forum. It's amazing.
Almost reminds me of what it was like about five years ago in these
parts... almost.

>>So when
>>people suggest you get out there and climb up that curve, go do it!

> You might want to take your own advice.

Nah.
--
dgs