jmcquown

cjra wrote:
> Thanks to all for the comments and advice.
>
> Update: decided to ditch the antique stove, it likely won't work given
> space limitations and the weight (pier and beam foundation).

They can be very, very pricey but you can find new antique-style stoves that
fit the period of the house. Available in gas or electric. But maybe not
in your budget.

http://www.oldhouseweb.com/cgi-bin/f...wRemoveFrame=1

http://www.oldhouseweb.com/cgi-bin/f...wRemoveFrame=1

> As for the house - this is what we're working with:
> Not quite sure what style this is. Built c.1890-1905 in San Antonio.
> http://tinyurl.com/5bh9v

What a great wrap-around porch!

> looking from the dining room to the entry hall
> http://tinyurl.com/4od8o
>
> the original dining room was between the kitchen and living room,but
> we'll use that as a study and guest room:
> http://tinyurl.com/5kl6l
>
> The kitchen - pantry on left, butler's pantry on right with built in
> cabinets and shelves (the junk was the previous owner's, not ours!):
> http://tinyurl.com/6fkdj
>
> Cabinets and stove are out, space will likely be used for the fridge +
> small butcher block table.
> http://tinyurl.com/467h7
>
> After some cleaning - the cabinets are now gone. Our major problem -
> the window is lost space. Moving it up would just be more money than
> we can invest right now.
> http://tinyurl.com/5fq5m

I can certainly see why this 'fixer-upper' has such appeal!

Jill