CapnFntasy

Default Risotto Rice - Help Please?!?!

>Hi
>
>I am having some friends round next weekend and want to cook a Risotto,
>can anyone give me some comments about which of the Risotto rices are
>best and why; Vialone Nano, Arborio or Carnaroli?
>
>Many thanks
>
>Alex

Vialone Nano grains produce a less creamy risotto and has a more toothsome
quality than Arborio. Carnaroli is the best rice for risotto. It produces a
very creamy risotto with more bite to it than Arborio. Arborio is sort of the
red headed stepchild of short grain Italian rices... it's fine to use, but if
you can find Carnaroli I would recommend that.

Suzanne