Dutch

"Ron" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Dutch" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Ron" > wrote in message

>> > Been there, done that.

>> You buy stolen property?
>>
>> > If I lie to you and tell you the watch stolen then, it is JUST a
>> > feeling.

>> If the watch is not stolen then there is nothing wrong to be complicit
>> in.
>> The feeling of apprehension that was caused by your ruse does not mean
>> anything, morally, except it was a shitty juvenile trick.

> A prank that nonetheless demonstrate that the feelings of "guilt" or
> "wrongdoing" are only just feelings.

"Feelings" are not the issue, the issue is actual complicity in an immoral
act.

> If I did that play that trick, I
> could allow you to feel guilt endlessly. And the "truth" of the matter
> is that it wouldn't be stolen. The feelings would be experienced as
> "real", but the guilt would be false. I could allow you to feel like a
> bad person. I could even allow you to think that you might have a
> problem with the authorities and allow your apprehension to increase 10
> fold. Of course, the authorities don't get involved in non-stolen
> watches that I might sell to you.
>
> IOW, the emotion of wrongdoing is a theoretical construction of the mind
> that is created based on morality which is another theoretical
> construction of the mind.

In your example you created a false impression in that person's mind, that's
all. It has nothing to do with a real immoral act, apart from your lying.
All your demonstration shows is that people can be fooled into believing
something false.