misanthrope

> wrote in message
>
> I try to avoid moderated groups, but believe how things go is greatly
> determined by who is moderating. As for replies from the group after
> you get in there, I guess it depends on the participants. But in all the
> groups I've seen so far there is always an asshole or two, to varying
> degrees. I hoped the philosophy group might be different, but Jones
> seems pretty much an asshole. Maybe not. Maybe the subject of
> whether or not life is a benefit doesn't apply to philosophy, but I feel
> that it does. Really almost everything does, and that as much as any
> imo.
>
> >the only thing we can do is to quietly
> >ignore these infestations with their pointless and idiotic back-biting,

> You could take more than one approach...in fact you're taking
> a different one now. I will say though that in all the times I've seen
> people complain about what was posted in their chosen groups,
> I have rarely if ever seen such a person have anything of value
> to say.

jj is an interesting and colourful character on alt.phil, and he's just
****ed that what used to be a useful group is now being turned into a circus
by clowns with no interest in anything but infecting groups with their
faecal discharges. i think he voices the opinion of the silent majority in
alt.phil: it's a shame when this sort of thing happens to a group that's
been useful and interesting. it not only deters new members but also drives
away old ones, and can in the long run kill the group.