On 16 Jan 2005 21:09:13 -0800, wrote:

>None of your ranting, even if true, supports your idiotic claim that
>life, in and of itself, is a benefit.

Life is the benefit which allows zygotes to grow into animals.
Life is the benefit which makes all others possible.

>There is a huge difference
>between "some farm animals have decent lives" and "life is a benefit",
>why don't you understand this?

I have explained a number of times that life itself, and the individual
lives of living beings, are completely different things. Some people are
not able to understand that...or at least they lie about it if they do.
Some farm animals benefit from farming and some do not, depending
on the quality of life. As we can see "ARAs" don't want people to
consider such things, and are so opposed to it that they insist life is
never a benefit for anything. They are afraid that if people deliberately
tried to contribute to decent lives for farm animals with their lifestyle, it
would destroy their chances of getting farm animals eliminated.