misanthrope

> wrote in message
> Well John Jones, if my positing has in some way caused
> you unhappiness then I'm sorry that it has, but can't realy
> feel any guilt for it, given the freakshow environment that
> news groups are and we willingly participate in them.

sadly this is true. the only way to avoid this sort of sewage is to
subscribe to a moderated listing, but then it's very rare that the normally
anally retentive members of such a listing would deign to reply to us mere
mortals in pursuit of illumination. the only thing we can do is to quietly
ignore these infestations with their pointless and idiotic back-biting, and
perhaps feel a little compassion for the perpetrators who must lead very sad
lives if such as this is the only way to alleviate their feelings of
inadequacy.