Rudy Canoza

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:34:35 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:
>
> > wrote
> >> "Dutch" > wrote:

> >> Real pigs are not capable of any of the things required to

make
> >> The Logic of the Talking Pig anything other than a fantasy about
> >> a talking pig. [..]

> >Bullshit. The same first-person device could be used to express how

infant
> >children ought to be treated.
> >
> >"You should cuddle me why I cry. You should change my diapers when

they are
> >dirty. You should feed me when I'm hungry. You should love me
> >unconditionally."
> >
> >That doesn't mean babies can talk or form those thoughts, it's way

of
> >communicating moral attitudes, not a fantasy about a talking baby.

> If you're presenting a fantasy

He isn't.

> >You're too stupid for words.
> >
> >[..]

issue is to

> >> How do you do that without considering the animals' lives?

> >Just do it, the animals' lives per se are immaterial to the

evaluation.

> That's true for you because you are incredibly inconsiderate.

No. He is considerate where moral consideration is due.

> >> Your main objective is to maintain the false belief that no

farm
> >> animals benefit from farming,

That is not a false belief. It is a FACT. No farm animals benefit
from coming into existence.

> >If by that you mean "The Logic of the Larder" then yes.

> Each year billions of animals experience life only because humans
> raise them for food.

Their lives are not something for which you can claim any moral credit,
much as you'd like to.

argument,

> >> You are obsessively insisting that people do NOT consider the
> >> animals themselves.

> >If by that you mean "The Logic of the Larder" then yes.

> Real pigs

"Giving life" to real pigs may not validly be offered as moral
justification for subsequently killing the pigs.