Aleksi Kallio

> Is the Lagavulin shortage going to end any time soon? From what I
> read Googling Usenet, apparently this distillery fire is not the cause
> of the problems; good ol' supply and demand is the cause of the
> problems.

Lagavulin has been hard to get, but things are changing now. In a couple
of months I've seen it in many airport tax-frees and in some liquer
stores (at least in Belgium). It's also quite widely available from web
shops, such as http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com.

Supply-vs-demand is quite tricky business with whisky, as all proper
whiskies are matured at least 10 years... tends to make the reaction
times quite long...