Chris Sprague

Cwdjrx _ wrote:
> Eric White wrote "If you are interested in veering away from Bordeaux
> for a moment, the 1975 Sterling Reserve Cab is an amazing wine right
> now. Premier Cru was recently selling magnums for $129 - I do not

know
> if they are still available."
>
> I had a bottle of the 75 Sterling Reserve a few months ago that had

been
> properly stored, and it still was holding well. Both BV Private

Reserve
> and Robert Mondavi Reserve 75 CSs were still holding well just a few
> years back. I drank most of my 75 CSs many years ago, as most of

them
> did not seem to have the structure for very long aging.
>
> My mailbox is always full to avoid spam. To contact me, erase
> from my email address. Then add . I do

not
> check this box every day, so post if you need a quick response.

Thank you so much for all of your replies. I have been gone for most
of the past week, as my father suffered a heart attack and needed
emergency bypass surgery. Looks like he's going to be ok - I'll buy
him a nice tannic red for his coming home present

In any case, the point about storage and bottle condition is well
taken. I have no idea what the reputation of the vendors listed on
wine-searcher are, so are there any in particular that you can
recommend, and also some to avoid at all costs?

Thanks again.

- Chris