Janet Puistonen

"SC" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> As far as storing untempered chocolate, etc. I am sure I can find
> another place to put them (I do have cool, dark food closets) or I
> could simply use what Alex does (insulated boxes).
>
> I would probably limit the "fridge" space for completed chocolates.
> When I start really making my chocolates, if I find that I have way
> more than would fit into a fridge, I can always use more cold storage
> boxes.
>
> That's all down the road.
>
> Stef

Also, I didn't mention that refrigerators are WAY too humid. And if you do
use one for storage, and take things out of it in hot, humid weather, you
will find that they sweat and ruin the finish. If you are serious about
making chocolates to sell, plan on setting aside one room to air condition.
And of course, it must be a room that will pass your state licensing
process.

And we haven't even gotten into the fact that the upper 70s is touch and go
for tempering... it's a complicated undertaking, I'm afraid.