Gunther Anderson

X. wrote:
> Gunther Anderson >, essendo finito in un
> fosso in una curva a 20 all'ora, cosė bestemmia:
>
>>Air exposure
>>of any sort will kill the flavor of alcohol.

> Could you tell me if a bottle of a strong alcoholic beverage (such as,
> say, brandy) could last about a century if it had NEVER been opened?
> Are the corks of these bottles usually good enough for that?

I can't say with any certainty. I don't work with commercial brandy.
But, if stored like wine (keep the bottle on its side so the cork
remains wet, keep out of sunlight, keep the temperature fairly
constant), I don't see any reason why a bottle of brandy shouldn't be as
good now as it was a century ago. It won't be any better, but it might
not have gone stale.

Gunther Anderson