Ron

In article >, "Dutch" >
wrote:

> "Ron" > wrote
>
> > "Dutch" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> "Reynard" > wrote
> >>
> >> It's not about "pushing meat", it's about reminding vegans that their
> >> diets
> >> are not bloodless.

> > Unfortunately, arguments such as the one that Dutch makes assumes a
> > degree of responsibility for the actions of others that defies any
> > logical rationalization.

> If it's illogical then why are people who hire killers sent to prison?

I see. It's in the law so it must be logical. Humans craft laws. Humans
are often times illogical. Ergo, it is possible to find instances of
illogic in the law.

Dutch, are you going to claim that the law conforms to logic?

> > I admire vegans in that they do seem to be able to live up to their
> > ethical values. Vegans are certainly better than I am. They can live
> > their daily lives without having to kill.

> Who or what will you kill today?

I don't need to kill. There are plenty of others who willingly take on
that role for me. Why should I deny them the pleasure and the profit
that they obviously enjoy. While some laws, protect some animals and in
some situations (not so logical) animals lack legal rights (read
protections and punishments) as you and I do. As a result, livestock
(animals herded for mass killings at some point) get to fill that nature
in humans who get off on killing helpless and defenseless animals.

Personally, I'd rather have those individuals killing non-human animals
rather than humans, so I indulge them and do nothing to change the laws.