Pete Romfh

Michael Horowitz wrote:
> I recently acquired a seasoned cast iron "corn pone" mold.
> Made excellent corn-shaped corn bread yesterday.
> I'm looking for other things to cook in the mold.
> I"m thinking any batter of a consistency of corn bread
> batter would work.
>
> Pancake batter for example.
>
> Other suggestions? - Mike

Pancakes might be a bit tender. The slightest bit of sticking and it
wouldn't hold shape.
Some of the harder quickbreads i.e. date-nut might work better. Or that dark
brown sweet bread they serve with beans.

Try making some potato batter (like for potato pancakes) but keeping the
grated potato quite small. If you put some bacon fat in each well and have
the pan hot when you put the batter in you should wind up with nice crispy
potato sticks. I haven't tried it but it just got added to my list of things
to experiment with.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
promfh at hal dash pc dot org