Musashi

"Dan Logcher" > wrote in message =
> They have uncooked, but cleaned ankimo at Kotobulkiya market.
> It's $10.99/lb (*******s!), bought a small pack for about $4.
>=20
> So I'm ready to try steaming my own tonight. Hope all goes
> well.. though I forgot to buy some ponzu.
>=20
> I also noticed, amongst other sushi items, that they had
> uncooked shirako. Anyone know how this one is prepapred?
> It's been a while since I've had something so disturbingly
> creamy.
>=20
> --=20
> Dan
>=20

Shirako Ponzu
Raw with chopped scallions, momiji oroshi and ponzu
as indicated by this store that ships seafood.
http://store.yahoo.co.jp/irifune/ts-200.html

Boiled Shirako Ponzu-
http://www.h2.dion.ne.jp/~bansyaku/sirakoponzu.htm
The recipe here says take boiling water, put in the shirako and sake, =
cook for
3 minutes. Drain, dry and cut the shirako up into bite pieces. Serve =
with Yuzu ponzu.
Can be served warm or chilled. The ingredients merely list Shirako 250 =
grams.
Ponzu..appropriate. Sake...1 gou..about 1 cup.

Apparently there is also Yaki Shirako, a recipe for which which I =
haven't found yet.

Musashi