Steve Calvin

Peter Aitken wrote:
> "Leonard Lehew" > wrote in message
>
>>On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 03:19:59 GMT, A. L. Shaw >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I am rebuilding my kitchen equipment. I intend to purchase a new set
>>>of knives. Opinions about the best brands?
>>>Thanks,
>>>als

>>I'm not a big fan of knife sets. For most cooks, there are a few
>>knives that are used very often. Though I have an absurdly large
>>collection of kitchen cutlery, I get through most meals with just a
>>paring knife and a chef's knife. A knife set will probably include
>>knives that you use very seldom.
>>

> Excellent advice. I have enough knives to equip a small army but 95% of my
> cutting is done with a Henckle's 8" chef's knife and a paring knife.

I agree. Those are the two that I use the most as well. It's very rare
that I reach for the 10" but on occasion. The boner is nice if you cut
your own chickens, turkeys, etc into parts but not absolutely necessary.

--
Steve

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
Autograph your work with excellence.