Raj V

Bryan Oswalt wrote:
> The used convection oven that I am looking at has some type of mold or
> something on the inside of the glass door (between the sheets of glass.)

Is
> this OK?
>
> Is there anything in particular that I want to look for or need to be sure
> of before getting my oven?

I would be surprised if it is mold. Is it in a very humid climate? Most
doors can be taken apart and you MIGHT be able to clean the glass. However,
be aware that some ovens use a reflective coating on the glass and cleaning
might ruin it. Check with the manufacturer or a local repair center.

Just the usual: is it a reputable - reliable brand/model, how old is it, why
is it for sale, do the controls work, is the temperature accurate, is there
any visible corrosion/buckling in bottom or side panels, are the gaskets in
good shape, does the convection fan work, do both heating elements/burners
work, if gas does the automatic ignition work? Too many variables to give a
definitive answer. It would have to be a darned good buy to take any
chances.

Raj