Scented Nectar

> >> I know, you slacker.

> > How does that make me a slacker?

> ==================
> It does prove the hypocrisy of the vegan position quite well though.

Your
> convenience comes first. Maybe you just like killing animals, eh?

So, you're saying that convenience is stopping me from
currently getting a farm? You don't make sense tricky
ricky. Where's the hypocrasy or do you just see that
everywhere due to your paranoia? What led you to
suggest I like killing animals? Do you hear voices that
tell you what to write/insult here?

> Just because
> > I'm going to have to wait until retirement doesn't
> > make me a slacker, just lucky or unlucky depending
> > on how you look at it. Lucky for getting there
> > someday, unlucky for it taking years. Slacking
> > has nothing to do with it.

> ==================
> No, lazy hypocrisy says it all, killer.

Says what? Explain yourself. Don't just insult
without explaining. That makes it nonsense.

> >> Locally grown produce and grains. Grow your own -- check out some

of
> >> those community garden links I gave you a few weeks ago.

> > How are locally grown plants lower in cds than plants from
> > elsewhere?

> ==================
> Are you really that stupid, or do you work really really hard at it?

Does
> those imported fruits and veggies just drop out of the sky and land on

your
> plate like manna from heaven? You are so totally ignorant of the

impact
> your life has on animals and the environemnt the world over that it

makes my
> head spin. How can anybody be so willfully stupid?

Well, if you think that the transportation industry is causing
deaths speak up ricky.

> > And how does one tell them apart from others?
> > The stores don't put the name of the farmers and
> > locations for most foods.

> ======================
> Cluesless urbanite, as was said above. Have you even trid a farmers
> market? I know for a fact that there are some in Toronto, killer.

But no,
> you haven't. You're too self-absorbed and selfish to actually go out

of
> your way to evn make a tiny effort to live up to your ignorant claims

of
> 'caring.'

I have nothing against imported foods. Farmers markets are
fine though limited. I like a mix of local and imported.

> >> In your face as opposed to burying your head about CDs?

> > First of all, I don't believe there's as many deaths from
> > slow moving farm machinery as you trolls would have
> > me think.

> ========================
> Why not? HJave you seen some of them in action? The size? Of

course not.
> Besides fool, even those that do escape the machine are left without

any
> food and cover, so they die anyway, killer. They die because of your
> veggies! Their numbers are at unnatural levels for an area because

your
> crops have provided an unnatural amount of easy food and cover. Many
> animals can breed several times a season, and they offsping can breed
> several times too. Right when the numbers are at a peak, you take

away
> all the easy food and cover, leaving them to die of starvation and
> predation. They also cannot just all scurry off into the surrounding

areas
> because those areas will already be at their natural capacity.

If the machine is killing them off in such mass numbers,
how is it that they are back again in full force the next
year? Many rodents get to know the growing patterns
of their food, and will bury and store food during times
of plenty for leaner times.

> Secondly, any such deaths are accidental
> > and not as abhorrent as an intentional death.

> =============================
> Really? Why? They are just a s dead. And, they died in far more

brutal,
> inhumane ways than slaughterhouse animals do. Quite a selective

compassion
> you have there, hypocrite.

You'll never get it rickyboy. You haven't the moral
capacity to understand why the intentional death
is a more profound one. And whatever you think
of that, it's still quite stupid to suggest meat eating
to a vegetarian.

> Did you
> > know that a high number of serial killers start out by
> > killing animals intentionally? I'm not saying you're a
> > serial killer, but it says something of the mindset.

> ========================
> LOL What a hoot! Clueless urbanite...

You think it's funny? Did it hit a little too close to
home?

> > The vegan diet is not marginal. There is quite a lot
> > of variety in the foods. Go check out my recipe
> > directory if you don't believe it.

> ====================
> Sure, as long as you spice it up with imported foods from around the

world,
> killer. Those are far from being 'vegan' in terms of the death and
> suffering surrounding their transport, hypocrite. Besides, it does

not
> naturally provide all the vitamins you need.

The vegan can get all the nutrition needed to be healthy. Buying
imported however, means you can suppliment your health in a
variety of ways. The spice turmeric, for example, is very healthy
and has antibiotic properties. Imported (depending on where
you live) cranberry juice is a tonic for the kidneys and has lots
of nutrients. You can be healthy as a local vegan, but why not
be extra-healthy as an international vegan?

> >> Your childish sarcasm does nothing to address the fact that you
> >> willfully and frequently consume something which is bad for you on

> > many
> >> levels despite your claims to be interested in good health. You're

> >> charlatan.

> > No charlatan. I truly believe that it is good for me on a number of
> > levels. I don't believe your 'facts' about its dangers. Most of

what
> > you claim, I've seen later disproven.

> =======================
> No, you haven't, or you would have posted it all over usenet, killer.

Nonsense. In case you haven't noticed I rarely post links. I don't
save them in hopes of debating them. My books have no bookmarks,
tv news goes unvideoed, and webpages unsaved for you. Look
it up yourself. There's plenty to refute the claims of danger.

> > That's funny, I've been to very few 'activist' websites. I do
> > however go to and subscribe to, many science news sites.

> =======================
> LOL Then why are they on your site with links? Anything that

proclaims
> that something is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and then

m,akes no
> mention of the fact hat there are differing opinions is an
> activist/propagand site looking to scam the rubes.

On my recipe link site, I state clearly that all views, beliefs,
etc are those of the people who made the various recipe
sites. You will find activists, health nuts, food enthusiasts,
specialty food sites, etc. I go to those websites for recipes.
That's where my focus is. For scientific info, I go elsewhere.

> > By admitting that hunting the deer would reverse their
> > overpopulation, you admit that hunting them keeps
> > lowering their amounts. After they are no longer
> > overpopulated, when you keep hunting (the demand
> > for meat doesn't go away you know) their numbers
> > keep going down until they are extinct.

> ==================
> Clueless urbanite. You have no clue as to animals, do you killer?

Try reading my paragraph again. Did you take any
rudimentary mathematics when you were a kid?

> > If it could supply everyone, then the grasslands would have
> > to support dozens and dozens, maybe hundreds
> > of times the number of cows.

> =======================
> Hey, clueless urbanite, *ALL* beef cattle are already grass-fed for

almost
> their whole lives. The pasture is already there, dolt. they only

spend a
> feww wekks of their lives in feedlots. You really are a clueless

urbanite.

If that were true, then you wouldn't need to specially
buy meat marked grass fed, would you? Any old
supermarket meat will do. Is it also that way with
pork and poultry?

> >> Consumers drive demand, commercial supply doesn't drive demand.

> > That's right, and your game and grass fed can't feed that demand.

> ============================
> ROTFLMAO And your so-called mythical veganic gardening can? You

really
> are too stupid for words, killer. We aren't talking about the masses,

we're
> talking about what *you* as an individual *could* do to improve your

bloody
> footprints. But, you're too lazy and stupid to do anything real, so

you
> have to focus only on what you think others are doing. Nice strawman,
> hypocrite, but one that's been knocked down many, many times...

You're babbling Ricky. What are you talking about? You know
full well that a vegan diet, even a supermarket one, reduces
the 'bloody footprint' at least a hundredfold. And we are talking
about the masses.

> > If you feel so strongly against the import and export
> > of foods, you must eat very bland meals. I think
> > that the import and export increases the variety
> > of foods availlable and is thus potentially more
> > healthful.

> ===========================
> Then you admit that a vegan diet is unhealthy without massive

importation?
> Thanks for proving that you diet is filled with death and suffering

and
> hypocrisy, killer.

It's quite healthy without importation, but I believe that the
variety importation brings can make one a bit healthier
yet.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/