Dee Randall

"A. L. Shaw" > wrote in message
>I am rebuilding my kitchen equipment. I intend to purchase a new set
> of knives. Opinions about the best brands?
> Thanks,
> als

I have a set of Wustof knives that we bought 30+ years ago (in Paris on our
honeymoon - sigh!) and have been using since, but I will send this "deal" on
to you and the newsgroup. J. C. Penny's (Jacque Pen-nay) had a great sale
on two knives a couple of weeks ago that I ordered on-line for a 3-1/2"
parer and 7" santoku knife. Double forged, taper ground stainless steel
blades with bakelite handles. Imported from China. Catalog Number:
IC781-1033B.

I received them a few days ago and really recommend them. I wouldn't have
bought these sight unseen, but my husband decided I should try them because
there was a discount number on them, so we got them even cheaper. Even at
no discount, they are worth the money to me.

http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/Product...alog_item.y=10

Dee

COOKS STARTER ST
$14.99 2-pc. cutlery set includes 3 ½" parer and 7" santoku knife.
Double forged, taper ground stainless steel blades with bakelite handles.
Dishwasher safe. Imported from China.

Catalog Number: IC781-1033B