Michael Pronay

(Cwdjrx _) wrote:

> I also had several bottles of Moreau's Clos des Hospices 1975
> Chablis. This was very hard and austure at first. It required
> about 10 years to develop and was still drinking well at 15
> years. But again, I doubt if it would be of much interest now.

Funny, then same wine, one year younger, was one of the very first
bottles of serious white wine I ever acquired. Must have been
around 1978. Drunk in the first half of the 1990s (and always
stored well) it completely over the hill, nastily oxidized. With
the knowledge of today I don't know whether it was the wine or the
cork (premature random oxidation). At the time I thought the wine
should have been drunk by 1980. (But then the 1976 burgundies from
that hot year were know to be fat and flabby, so maybe it was the
wine.)

M.