pearl

"usual suspect" > wrote in message ...
<..>
> >>...[F]ederal health surveillance of food-borne diseases from
> >>1993 to 1997 found *2,751 outbreaks*. *Those outbreaks* totaled
> >>*12,537 individual cases* involving fruits and vegetables,
> >>compared with *6,709 cases* involving meat.
> >>http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...od-cover_x.htm

---restore1---
In that case, the number of individual cases of illness due to an outbreak
involving produce, pales to insignificance compared to the cases of illness
due to just one of the pathogens found in meat, e.g, Campylobacter;
--restore3--
"Most Campylobacter infections are sporadic and not associated with an
outbreak, but we know it causes up to 4 million human infections a year,"
says Frederick J. Angulo, D.V.M., an epidemiologist with the national
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.'
http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/fdcampy.html
---

<..>