Scented Nectar

> > Buying a farm is not an option for me,
>
> I know, you slacker.

How does that make me a slacker? Just because
I'm going to have to wait until retirement doesn't
make me a slacker, just lucky or unlucky depending
on how you look at it. Lucky for getting there
someday, unlucky for it taking years. Slacking
has nothing to do with it.

> > You say "widely available
> > products...those include certain kinds of meat" What
> > non-meat products do you refer to that lower cds?

> Locally grown produce and grains. Grow your own -- check out some of
> those community garden links I gave you a few weeks ago.

How are locally grown plants lower in cds than plants from
elsewhere?

> > Brand names please so we can all do the best we can.

> Clueless ****ing urbanite. That's your problem -- you prate about
> "veganic" produce and then want brand names. Your affinity for

branding
> is what causes you to kill more animals with your consumption. Look

for
> local foods, refuse to buy anything grown more than 200 miles away

from
> your front door.

And how does one tell them apart from others?
The stores don't put the name of the farmers and
locations for most foods.

> > By the way, it's just ridiculous to suggest to a
> > vegatarian or vegan that they eat meat.

> I didn't recommend you do that, Skunky. I suggested you recommend

those
> who eat meat to eat those kinds.

I'll never recommend wild game. Extinction is permanent.

> > The intentional death is both more in-your-face

> In your face as opposed to burying your head about CDs?

First of all, I don't believe there's as many deaths from
slow moving farm machinery as you trolls would have
me think. Secondly, any such deaths are accidental
and not as abhorrent as an intentional death. Did you
know that a high number of serial killers start out by
killing animals intentionally? I'm not saying you're a
serial killer, but it says something of the mindset.

> > and the health risks are unacceptable

> There are no adverse health risks. If anything, it's better for you
> because you're not consuming a marginal diet that has only qualified
> support from the major dietetic organizations.

The vegan diet is not marginal. There is quite a lot
of variety in the foods. Go check out my recipe
directory if you don't believe it.

> >>Bullshit. First, you willfully inhale toxins to get a buzz off
> >>marijuana -- not good for your health, especially for your lungs.

Smokers have a
> >>far greater incidence of cancer of the lungs, larynx, pharynx,
> >>esophagus, mouth, colon and breast than non-smokers. Marijuana
> >>contains more tar than cigarettes. Marijuana is also inhaled very

deeply and
> >>the smoke is held in the lungs for a long time. Marijuana is smoked

all
> >>the way to the end where tar content is the highest. Many of the
> >>cancer-causing substances in tobacco are also found in marijuana. It
> >>also affects your central nervous system in an adverse manner. There
> >>are few if any positive effects of marijuana use.

> > Ew, there's that evil, evil weed again. Reefer Madness
> > anyone?

> Your childish sarcasm does nothing to address the fact that you
> willfully and frequently consume something which is bad for you on

many
> levels despite your claims to be interested in good health. You're a
> charlatan.

No charlatan. I truly believe that it is good for me on a number of
levels. I don't believe your 'facts' about its dangers. Most of what
you claim, I've seen later disproven.

> > Get it right. I mentioned that hempseed oil contains omegas 3, 6 and

9.

> You said it was a good thing. You had no ****ing clue what you were
> saying, you just wanted to repeat something you read on a pro-pot
> website because you thought it was valid.

It is a good thing. The body needs all 3 and this oil
provides it. It's you trolls who started worrying that
it might cause an overdose of omega 6, without
even knowing how much is in there and how much
the person is getting elsewhere in their diet.

> > You trolls jumped on and exaggerated my including of 6 in there.

> No, I demonstrated that you're a mindless **** who mindlessly repeats
> bullshit found on activist websites as though she the disinformation
> she's peddling is the fruit of her "research."

That's funny, I've been to very few 'activist' websites. I do
however go to and subscribe to, many science news sites.

> > If every meateater switched to your 'better' meats, and did not
> > reduce their consumption, then the above game would go extinct

> Bullshit. I've asked you to prove this claim, and I've also shared

with
> you population numbers between people and deer in Texas alone. Deer

are
> NOT an endangered species. Eating more of them would benefit deer in

the
> aggregate because of their overpopulation in most regions of the US

(and
> probably Canada, too).

By admitting that hunting the deer would reverse their
overpopulation, you admit that hunting them keeps
lowering their amounts. After they are no longer
overpopulated, when you keep hunting (the demand
for meat doesn't go away you know) their numbers
keep going down until they are extinct.

> > and the 'grassfed' herds would barely supply anyone else.

> Nonsense.

If it could supply everyone, then the grasslands would have
to support dozens and dozens, maybe hundreds
of times the number of cows.

> > Face
> > it, the commercial meat industry supplies most meat eaters,

> Consumers drive demand, commercial supply doesn't drive demand.

That's right, and your game and grass fed can't feed that demand.

> > and as far as the cds you're fond of mentioning, the amount is many,
> > many timesfold.

> That's not an issue except for the fact that you keep wanting to

compare
> apples to oranges.

Cds are the issue. It's the thing that you trolls keep bringing up.

> > What's your point? That vegans should balance their meals?

> Definitely. It takes more planning on a vegetarian diet.

Only at first when one is unfamiliar with some of the foods.
After that it's as easy as one's previous meat diet.

> >>Ipse dixit, and what a pathetic little shit you are for bitching

about
> >>one kind of local production and then participating in it on a more
> >>global scale.

> > Ooo, a little mad are you?

> Not mad at all. Just pointing out your rank hypocrisy.

If you feel so strongly against the import and export
of foods, you must eat very bland meals. I think
that the import and export increases the variety
of foods availlable and is thus potentially more
healthful.

> > Stop telling vegans what they should be doing.

> As long as you make categorical claims about things being right or
> wrong, or nutritious or not, I will be here to correct you. Don't be
> such a ****ing ingrate that I'm willing to volunteer such assistance.

You're here to troll. Not to offer assistance. Assistance
isn't 'offered' with insults and swearing at people.

> > You're no expert.

> I know a lot more than you about nutritional science, health, and
> wellness than you ever will. I also know a lot more than you about
> veganism and why it's a worse solution than the problems it seeks to
> correct.

Surely you must know that you're joking. I know what
my years of research is, and where it's led me. You
know less than nothing about my research. Why would
you think that I would go to an insulting, lying troll and
ask for advise? And take that advise over my years
of research? I don't think so.

> > You're not even vegan,

> Hurray! You finally admit it.

Then why are you still here in alt.food.vegan? Do
you now admit to trolling?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/