Blake Jones

In article .com>, SC wrote:
> Thanks for the great idea Blake!

Glad you like it. I did put a box of baking soda in the fridge when I
got it, and it's still there. I don't know if the baking soda helped
with the odor, or if it was just having an overwhelming amount of
chocolate in there that made the difference.

For what it's worth, here are the details of what I have:

- An Avanti 249SYW fridge, 2.5 cu. ft. capacity with no freezer.
Mine stores three 3kg boxes of Valrhona fèves, plus a few slabs of
couverture and random other bars on top, and is nearly full.
There are lots of places online that sell these - mine was around
$160 delivered when I ordered it in August.

- An analog temperature controller, part# FE600 from morebeer.com
(a homebrew supply site). This ended up being some part from
Johnson Controls. It cost $50 through morebeer.com.

I considered getting a small wine fridge instead. Even the low-end wine
fridges seem to have some sort of temperature control, though I don't
know how accurate they are or what their ranges are. Wine fridges would
have also given more efficient storage, since they don't have a hump in
the back where the compressor is and they don't have molded plastic crap
on the door. But they're notably pricier, and if you found yourself
wanting to get a larger one (as I do now), the upgrade path would be
extra-pricy.

Hope this is helpful!

Blake

--
The listed "From:" address is valid for one week past the message date.