Lew Bryson

"Joris Pattyn" > wrote in message news:HNjyd.1153
> It's a question of time. Lambic-brewing needs a stable endemic microbial
> population that is STABLE. And that cannot be rushed, it takes years to
> stabilise. But it will come in the future. However, SA Cranberry Lambic is
> as Belgian as mussels with ketchup and Freedom fries...

What makes lambic lambic, Joris? The mashbill? The airborne microbes? The
fact that they ARE airborne? Where it's brewed? The microbes in the barrels
the beer is aged in? The finished character? It's a broad question, but why
not take a swing: what makes lambic lambic?

--
Lew Bryson

www.LewBryson.com
Author of "New York Breweries" and "Pennsylvania Breweries," 2nd ed., both
available at <www.amazon.com>
The Hotmail address on this post is for newsgroups only: I don't check it,
or respond to it. Spam away.