Alex Rast

at Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:55:15 GMT in <1104436515.143828.63360
@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, (SC) wrote :

>What sort of insulation do you use in the box (or is the box itself
>insulated). I used to have a large box that some injectable medicine
>came in and it was made of the Styrofoam type material. Is this the
>sort you are talking about?

That's a pretty good type. I have one that features a closed-cell-foam core
and a reflective layer on both sides. This is good for critical uses. I
also have a couple of used Chocosphere boxes, with the 2-part clamshell
style foam enclosures. Finally, there are a couple of boxes that have loose
insulation - I like wool sweaters - coupled with bubble wrap.

>The strange thing is that winter is the worst time for chocolate in my
>house, b/c during the summer we have the air conditioning blaring
>anyway. We don't always use the heat in our house but when we do it
>can be really warm in here and that's the most worrying.

Yeah, I don't have that problem because the heat at my place is set to 60F
(I prefer a cool environment). But if you're a cold person, I suppose the
colder months could be a risk with heating set to a higher setting. Keep
your chocolate away from heat vents under these conditions.

--
Alex Rast