Blake Jones

In article .com>, SC wrote:
> Where do you put your chocolates?

I ended up buying a mini-fridge for my chocolate. Alex said that they
all smell like some "ghastly plastic" (I assume he was referring to
fridges), but in practice any smell that mine might have had went away
very quickly once I loaded it with chocolate. I made sure to get one
without a freezer compartment, since that would throw off the heat
distribution inside the fridge, not to mention taking up valuable space.

I also got an external thermostat for the fridge. This has a
temperature bulb which I leave inside the fridge, and a control box to
set the desired temperature which stays outside. The temperature bulb
is connected to the control box by a flexible, thin copper pipe, which
has no problem sneaking through the rubber around the fridge door. The
fridge plugs in to the thermostat, which plugs in to the wall, and the
thermostat controls when the compressor can run. With the thermostat
set at 62 degrees, and the fridge sitting in a cool spot packed to the
gills with chocolate, the compressor hardly ever has to run.

In practice, this setup has worked extremely well for me. I haven't had
any trouble with fat bloom, sugar bloom, or external odors, and it
doesn't take much electricity to run. My main complaint is that I
should've bought a bigger fridge.

Blake

--
The listed "From:" address is valid for one week past the message date.