Scented Nectar

> > Nope. They're just wrong. Not absolutely.
>
> They're ABSOLUTELY wrong, in your view. They have to be.

They don't have to be.

> > So you would have me boycott all foods?

> No. I'd have you grow your own.

Me too. But short of winning the lottery, that
won't happen until I retire and even then, not
to the extent that I could grow ALL my own.

> > Nope. It's just wrong, not absolutely.

> It's absolutely wrong, in your view. There's no
> alternative.

Maybe for you there are no alternatives, but to
my thinking there are.

> > I feel good about myself.

> Your good feelings are unjustified and pathetic. You
> have not made any moral improvement.

I get to feel good about myself for what *I* decide
is important or moral or anything else.

> >> Skanky Carpetmuncher - 31 Dec 2004, 4:06PM PST

> > You know, when you're quoting someone to make
> > a point

> I quote her accurately. Always.

Even her name?

> > As far as the quote goes, I just said killing animals
> > is wrong. I didn't use the word absolute.

> It's implied by the absence of any modifier. You can't
> possibly spin it as being "a little bit" wrong, or
> wrong "some of the time". You just said it is wrong,
> period. That MEANS absolutely wrong, no ifs, ands or buts.
>
> Why are you voluntarily and knowingly participating in
> something that you believe is wrong?

Let's see now, there's no choice, and it's just a bit
wrong when compared to the animal based industry
as a whole, which is a lot wrong.

Now, shut up and have a good new year.

--
SN