Jay Santos

Scented Nectar wrote:

>>I never said you were killing any yourself.

> You're holding me responsible though.

You DO share moral responsibility for the deaths. They
occur in the course of satisfying your food demand, and
you KNOW they occur, and you do NOT NEED to
participate. By knowing about the deaths and
voluntarily participating, you share in the
responsibility for the deaths that you believe to be
not just wrong, but ABSOLUTELY wrong.

>>>but not knowing
>>>which farmers out there kill animals during
>>>farming practices.

>>It doesn't matter. As I said, you have to assume they
>>ALL do it.

> Why assume they all do?

They all do.

> Gee, I guess when you become vegan, you can
> do it your way. I'll do it mine.

You are not doing anything morally significant. You
are not entitled to feel "good" about yourself, because
you aren't doing anything good. You're still very much
participating in something you believe to be ABSOLUTELY
wrong.

>>>I have no way of knowing which farmers are bad,

>>You have to assume they all are, until you do some
>>research. The choice facing you is clear: grow all
>>your own food, so you don't have to waste time checking
>>out other farmres; or, IMMEDIATELY find some who don't
>>kill animals, and only buy from them.

> Nonsense. I can only do the best I can.

You are NOT DOING the best you can. Not even close.

> The research
> you suggest is beyond my means and just ridiculous.

No it's not, you lazy pothead skank. You just don't
WANT to do it. You'd rather smoke pot and continue to
let animals die so you can eat.

>>>just as you don't know whether any of the retailers
>>>you support engage in child abuse.

>>You and that idiot Ron keep trying to make the consumer
>>responsible for what the producer does with the money
>>AFTER the consumer pays for the products, and it just
>>won't fly. I only deal with producers in their
>>capacity as producers. I am only responsible for any
>>moral taint in the PRODUCTS I buy, not in what the
>>producer does with the money after I give it to him.

> He uses it for making kiddie porn.

No, he may BUY kiddie porn, but that's none of my
business insofar as my commercial transactions with him
are concerned.

>>>There you go forcing the word absolutely at me
>>>again.

>>No, YOU force it on yourself. You HAVE to believe it's
>>absolute.

> Say it all you want

No, YOU'RE the one saying it:

Killing animals is wrong.
Skanky Carpetmuncher - 31 Dec 2004, 4:06PM PST

You cannot coherently explain how it is you believe
killing animals (not in self defense) to be absolutely
wrong, yet you voluntarily and knowingly participate in
a process that kills animals (not in self defense).

You're just hosed.

>>>Killing animals is wrong.

>>Without any modifier, the correct presumption is you
>>believe it is ABSOLUTELY wrong.
>>

>>>I don't say absolutely.

>>You don't need to say it. It's right there in plain sight.

> The only way it could be in plain sight

It's in plain sight. One can plainly see that you
don't modify the sentence at all: "Killing animals is
wrong."

>>>As such, my
>>>reduction in cds is good enough for me.

>>No, it isn't. You're still complicit in the
>>non-self-defense deaths of animals, which you claim is
>>wrong. Absolutely wrong.

> No. Just wrong

ABOLUTELY wrong. It's necessarily implied by all the
rest of your writing.

>>>You sure do resort to a lot of swearing in place
>>>of discussion. Moving to a farm is not currently
>>>possible for me.

>>Of course it is possible, you ****ing liar.

> No. I'm not lying. It's not currently possible
> for me.

You ARE lying. You could move to a farm. There is no
one with a gun telling you "If you try to move to a
farm, I'll shoot you dead." Stop LYING, bitch - you
could move to a farm if you REALLY wanted to. You
don't WANT to. You like your life of urban
cluelessness too much.

>>>Gee, you weren't lazy. You wrote a whole paragraph
>>>without answering my questions. I thought it was
>>>supposed to be easy. Which are the high cd foods
>>>and which are the low ones.

>>It's not my responsibility to tell you. It's your
>>responsibility to find out.

> You don't know which are the high and low cd food.

It's not my responsibility to know - I'm not the one
claiming "killing animals is wrong." YOU are.

> You don't know how to tell the good farmers from
> the bad ones.

Not my responsibility. YOU'RE the one who painted
yourself into a moral corner; YOU get yourself out, if
you can. You can't do it simply by declaring yourself
"content" with the non-zero level of absolutely wrong
animal killing in which you are complicit.

>>>The voices in your head are not in mine.

>>No voices. I read what you write. What you write
>>says, implicitly, that you belief it is ABSOLUTELY
>>wrong to kill animals other than in self defense. YOU
>>participate, through your purchases, in processes that
>>lead to the non-self-defense killing of animals, which
>>killing you believe to be absolutely wrong. THEREFORE,
>>you have no basis for your contentment.

> What sentences implied it?

All of them.