Scented Nectar

> > Let me rephrase that.
>
> No. It's plainly weaseling.

No, it's me being more specific so that you know
what I mean.

> > I have no way of knowing
> > WHICH farmers do what.

> Irrelevant. You know farmers do it, and you know you
> buy from farmers who do it. You aren't doing the best
> you can.

I am too. When are you just going to accept that? Just
by going vegan alone reduces by a huge amount the cds
that you always like to mention. What do you suggest I
do to stop bad farmers?

> > Short of starving
> > myself, eating vegan provides the least
> > accidental deaths.

> That's no good. Killing animals is ABSOLUTELY wrong in
> your view, just as broom-****ing children is
> ABSOLUTELY wrong. You DO view killing animals as
> absolutely wrong, and you have no valid rationale for
> stopping at some allegedly reduced amount.

Then, you should be doing more to protect kids
out there. You can't buy anything from anyone
because they may or may not be child abusers.
You're not doing enough since you haven't
researched the neighbourhood for known sex
offenders. You haven't made an anti-rape
website, etc. Is that how the reasoning works?

Did you even read any of the thread on absolute
morality? Collateral deaths in the farming
process is kind of like pollution.

> > My responsibility stops where I no longer have
> > control.

> You have control over what you buy. You don't "need"
> to buy anything from anyone.

Well, I guess I could just walk around the city eating
maple trees. All parts are supposed to be edible.
How do I not buy anything from anyone? Get real.

> No, you are NOT. You could EASILY do better.

Tell me this easier way. Also, tell me how to
identify which products are from bad farmers.

> > Who put it there?

> You. It's based on YOUR belief that killing animals is
> absolutely wrong, just as you believe broom-****ing
> children is absolutely wrong.

You know you really should read that thread
about moral absolutes. Ron makes a number
of good points.

> > Oh, now you're calling it 'essence'? Earlier you
> > called these things 'implied'.

> The essence of your belief is implied by all the things
> you say.

Well, thanks for admitting that I didn't actually say
those things. What you perceive isn't necessarily
the reality.

> > You put it there.

> No, YOU put it there. You put it there, and now you
> don't like the implications of what you've done.

When did I put it there? Is this another one of your
implied things?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/