Alex Rast

at Mon, 27 Dec 2004 19:12:08 GMT in <1104174728.657369.159570
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, (SC) wrote :

>What is everyone's favorite website/catalog for ordering bulk
>chocolate? So far Chocosphere looks to be pretty good, but I am sure
>there are plenty I don't even know about.

Chocosphere is indeed the best. It's hard to justify going anywhere else.
With selection that is second to none and ordering that sets the standard
for convenience, ease, and freedom from bugs, I can't imagine a better
source.

>Also, just a poll....what is everyone's favorite dark,

A bit too broad. Dark includes extra-bittersweet, bittersweet, semisweet,
and sweet dark.

However, there are 2 that really stand out anyway, IMHO: Amedei Chuao and
Guittard Gourmet Bittersweet.

> milk,

Much easier. Michel Cluizel Plantation Mangaro Lait.

> and white chocolate?

This one is truly a no-brainer: El Rey Icoa, the *only* white chocolate
IMHO.

And what do you think is the worst?

Baker's Bittersweet. In fact, avoid in general all "baking" chocolate -
stuff that comes packed in paper squares in boxes. Virtually all of it is
appalling.

--
Alex Rast