Reg

Default Puff Pastry and Croissants

Roy Basan wrote:

> Besides an authentic brioche dough is supposed to be soft that you
> need to chill it properly so that you can mold it into shapes you
> like.

Also I would think that a true brioche dough has too much butter in
it to produce a workable laminated dough. I've never tried it, but
I'd think the butter in the detrempe would run together with the butter
and you wouldn't get good layering.

Plus I've never eaten a real croissant and then been left feeling
as though I had been deprived of butter.