Mr. Gorilla

"usual suspect" > wrote:
> Yes, it is.

===============
I have seen the light, brother! You guys are right about this. According to
the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary definition of religion;

# "4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and
faith"

And furthermore, the definition of faith:
# "3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction"

It's obvious that veganism falls under that definition (ie: a cause held
onto with adore and believed with strong conviction). So do a lot of other
things that I wouldn't normally consider to be "religions".

But anyway, what I wanna know is, can I attain spiritual salvation if I go
vegan, brother? Can I bow down before the Lettuce Lord, and nibble my way to
Nirvana? Can spiritual awakening/enlightenment be achieved through (this)
diet alone? If so, then I would consider veganism to be a religion. But if
there's no "spiritual salvation" in it (and I certainly don't think there
is), then to me veganism is not a religion. But that's just my opinion FWIW,
and obviously not that of the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary (or you
guys)....

-MG