Anthony Hoare

Hi,

On 24 Dec 2004 08:02:48 GMT, Michael Pronay > wrote:

(Cwdjrx _) wrote:

>> Pantheras stated in part: "Anders there was a time not that long
>> ago when the DRC could actually be purchased by humans."

>I remember the WS issue some 10 years ago where both Lafite and
>Romanée-Conti 1990 were reviewed as new releases. WS stated the
>per bottle price of USD150 for Lafite, USD600 for Romanée-Conti.

When the premier tranche of '61s were released en primeur, Lafite
caused a storm, because they had broken the £2 a bottle price!! Sigh.
What a pity I wasn't interested in wine in those days. Mind you, my
weekly wage was around £6 so it's not clear I could have bought much
even if I had been interested

All the best
Ian
(To reply by email PLEASE don't use "Reply to" but
use my name at wanadoo.fr) Thanks.