Ron

In article >, "Dutch" >
wrote:

> >> You're welcome. I hope you're writing some of this down..

> >> Passive vs active rights. Since I am not participating in any way with
> >> abuse
> >> of children I am not morally obliged to find any to rescue. It would be
> >> OK
> >> if I did, but I am not obliged.

> > There is a serious disconnect in your thinking here. If you are not
> > obligated because you don't participate with respect to the abuse of
> > children then, because you do participate with respect to our pot
> > smoking friend then you must be complicit there.

> Attempting to impart information or give an opinion about an act is not
> complicity in the act. If I tell my friend he oughta quit shoplifting, that
> doesn't make me complicit in it. If I BUY some of the stuff, THEN I'm
> complicit. Get the difference?
>
> > You have defined the terms of participation in the act of "rescue" only
> > where one is obliged through their actions. You have clearly stated your
> > goal to "rescue" her from her evil ways.

> That would not amount to complicity.

> >> Passive vs active rights. Vegans are *subsiding* the killing of animals
> >> who
> >> they claim to believe have basic right to life. They have an active
> >> involvment with the *unmitigated* killing of those animals by farmers
> >> when
> >> they purchase consumer goods.

> > A nice phrase to remove responsibility

> It defines responsibility, it doesn't remove it.
>
> > A justified killing is still a
> > killing.

> Yes, what does justification have to do with it?
>
> > Killing an animal for food is still killing an animal.

> Naturally.
>
> > Just as
> > killing a human because they are robbing and threatening you is still
> > killing another human being. The human ability to rationalize is
> > "divine".

> You take valid concepts and reduce them to absurdities. This is fallacious
> thinking.

> >> You actually thought that was a rock solid argument didn't you?

> > Yes, and I'm still demonstrating that.

> You aren't, you're groping in the dark. You have some agenda that is
> preventing you from understanding basic concepts. You have brief lucid
> periods which makes me discount the idea that you're just dumb.
>
> >> Get this Ronny, you are NOT going to outwit me or Jay Santos or usual
> >> suspect, we're way out of your league. You should be saving our posts to
> >> study from.

> > Hmmm.
> >
> > Too late. I've clearly demonstrated this. Despite your complaints of of
> > vegan post smoker, you are just as "guilty" as she is and on all counts.

> Not even remotely. I have taken no active role in her pot smoking, in fact I
> have attempted to discourage it. Following from that, if she quit because of
> my advice and subsequently had a negative outcome, it could be argued that I
> [...]

We disagree. The website you asked me to read supports legalization of
pot. Therefore, you are at least involved in allowing her legal access
to the very drug that you claim is harmful to her personal and social
well-being.

You've stated that you support legalization of pot, at least I think it
was your post. As a result of your condoning this behaviour in society,
you have made it "okay" for her to do so. You attempt to "mitigate" your
responsibility by lecturing her on the "responsible" use of the drug.