Dee Randall

>>> Spread with Apricot or Raspberry jam.

>> You'll find that as raspberry has seeds it might not be such a good
>> idea. The classic (according to my Austrian born mother-in-law) is
>> using plum jam (known as "povidel" - not sure of the spelling). I also
>> dilute it a bit with hot water for easier spreading.

> I have never seen nor tasted a Linzer Torte made with Powidl (Lekvar). I
> use Apricot Jam, unless someone specifically asks for Raspberry filling.
> The little seeds do not seem to bother them. However, since my husband
> died, I have made this cake only once or twice. I am not especially fond
> of sweets and my preferred dessert is a nice, crunchy piece of French
> Baguette with cheese and a glass of red wine. )

One of the very few times I've had a Linzer Torte was in Vienna or Graz,
Austria and it was made with Lekvar; it was the first one I ever had. I
loved it. I've also had one or two with Raspberry here in the United
States, but it is the one with Lekvar that I really liked. I've not seen
one made with apricot.
Dee