Jay Santos

Scented Nectar wrote:

>>>You seem to enjoy comparing child abuse
>>>to meat eating.

>>The analogy is appropriate. Both involve things that
>>some people say are absolutely wrong. If something is
>>absolutely wrong, there is no ethical room for anyone
>>to do any of it.

>>>It's like pollution...

>>No, it isn't like pollution at all, dummy. That was
>>the whole point of bringing up pollution. Pollution
>>isn't morally wrong, it's just undesirable from a
>>utilitarian standpoint.

> But it is like pollution.

It is NOT like pollution: no one believes pollution
_per se_ to be absolutely wrong, the way you profess to
believe killing animals to be absolutely wrong.

Pollution is undesirable from a *utilitarian*
standpoint. My toilet being stopped up is undesirable,
but it is not morally bad.

>>>Who are you to say whether pollution is morally
>>>wrong or not?

>>It isn't. No one views it as morally wrong.

> I do.

No, you don't. No one does. You view it as
undesirable, not morally wrong.