BillB

On 25 Dec 2004 01:18:12 GMT, krusty kritter wrote:

> When I was transferred down to Florida to work at Cape Canaveral, the
> cockroaches down there were called "palmetto bugs". They were about three
> inches long, too...

In VietNam and probably other Asian countries those delicacies
were called rice bugs. Never saw too many of them, but one day some
guys brought out several large spray tanks and attacked the base of
the shack/tent (wooden pallets) that housed several dozen of our
R-390 receivers and other assorted radios. Within minutes the
ground was swarming with thousands of the critters. When I go after
bugs one-on-one I avoid insecticide. Heavy duty detergent sprays
(Fantastik, 409, Murphy's, etc.) are surer, quicker and leave the
floor cleaner, even if you wouldn't want to then eat off it.