Dave Smith

Nancy Young wrote:

> WHAT???????????????????? Man, you must get some lousy garlic bread
> where you live. Momma mia.

That may be, but I can't complain when I make it myself. :-)
Actually, the local Italian bakery makes excellent bread, and I consider
garlic bread to be something made with lesser breads. This stuff is pretty
good on its own. My wife doesn't eat bread, so we don't buy a lot of it. I
get a loaf fresh from the bakery, cut it in half and then toss one half
into the freezer. I will have the other half fresh. The next day I use it
for garlic bread, and the third day I use it from French toast.

Baguettes are a whole other story. I have recently found a source of fairly
good baguettes. When they are fresh they, like the Italian bread, are too
good on their own. After it is passed its peak of freshness I start
thinking about garlic bread.