Sheryl Rosen

Default Homemade Prepared/Frozen Meals

in article , Wayne Boatwright at
wrote on 12/21/03 3:36 PM:

> I saw my dad on the day of the night he passed away. He had a heart
> problem, but had been in apparently the same condition for some months
> and didn't appear to be feeling any worse. He was up and about and
> joked at the dinner table. Later that night he passed away from
> congestive heart failure.
>
> My mother and I did not know that earlier that same day he told several
> neighbors "goodbye" for the final time, saying that he wouldn't be
> seeing them again. He must ahve felt or known something, but didn't
> want to worry my mother or me.
>
> Wayne

Ok. I do believe some people know when it's their time.

My mom called everyone she hadn't spoken to in awhile (Friends and
relatives) for a week before she died. Maybe 8-10 hours before, she and I
were talking about how much she missed her parents and the dog we had who
had died 10 years before.....wow, this coming Tuesday will be 23 years since
my first pet died!!! She even talked about her sister, who died when the
girls were small, maybe 6-7 yrs old. By the time Mom passed, she had talked
to everyone, told them she loved them, and sort of reminded those who were
there before her that she was thinking about them and was looking forward to
seeing them.

But I'm thinking...my dad, on the other hand...he talked to my brother and
sister for New Year's, which was 2 weeks before, but...he really didn't make
the rounds immediately before. My parents, though, were very different in
the way they treated people outside the immediate family. So maybe...in his
mind, his goodbyes were already done because the relationships weren't that
strong. And I was there when he essentially left us (though he lingered in a
coma for 4 days). And I hate to say this, but I honestly was his favorite,
after my Mom, so....maybe to him, he had all he needed or wanted. Who knows?

They are very missed, especially this time of year. And that's really all I
need to know.