Eric Jorgensen

Default Croissants

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 13:52:29 GMT
"Vox Humana" > wrote:

> "Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 08:29:54 -0500
> > Alan wrote:

> > > I don't think you can make croissants in a bread machine!

> > Some angry bread-machine user is about to point out that you can
> > use
> > most bread machines as a lousy stand mixer, so I'm just going to
> > state that you could maybe use the bowl in the bread machine to mix
> > the dough. But it's probably not worth it.
> >

> Exactly my thoughts. If you can't or won't make the dough by hand,
> you sure as hell aren't going to make croissants.

However! If we extrapolate based on the nature of machine-bread vs.
bread, and try to conceive of an automatic croissant maker for home use,
wouldn't it be grand if you could just dump in the ingredients and a few
hours later pull out a large cube of flaky goodness? It could be the
next 'bloomed' onion! Just imagine, a croissant the size of a
cantaloupe, that you can share with the whole family!

(Yeah, alright, not all that funny, but it's 8:30am and I've been at
work for 8 hours, and will be here for one and a half more)