Dutch

"John Coleman" > wrote in message
> "Dutch" > wrote in message
> 8<
>> >
>> > agreed

>> False, numbers will *sometimes* show eating "vegan" is better, not
>> always.
>> "Vegans" "always" like to speak in absolutes.

> There are no real numbers.

Yet vegans act as if there were.

> However, eating up the food chain will accumulate
> animal deaths and resource use with increasingly lower food returns.

Categorically false. That theory ignores cds.

> accept that food processing, and other technical aspects of certain plant
> food production may be exceptions. However, comparisons of such should be
> on
> a like for like basis.

Utter nonsense, I hear this argument from vegans all the time, and it so
typifies their skewed mindset. Food in the world isn't divided into teams,
the vegans and the non-vegans, where you send your "A team" against ours.
To be an objective measure all available food must be compared on a level
playing field, "Veganic" against Organic" against "Free range" against
"Factory Farmed", rice against beef, against tofu, it's all food.

> Vegans are not blasting the Innuit (and such) for
> their hunting, we are primarily interested in modern farming practices.

No you aren't, that's a croc. Vegans whinge about hunting and fishing as
loudly as they do about commercial farming.

>> Women's liberation is not comparable to "veganism".

> womens liberation, veganism = animal liberation

Semantics, what about vegetable liberation? Things don't make sense just
because you want them to.

> veganism is not recognised by any authority as a religion

It isn't a religion, it just has religious aspects to it. If vegans viewed
veganism as more a like a religion they would be better off, assuming that
they will never reform it to be a credible philosophy.

>> > There is such a word

> http://www.free-definition.com/Veganic-gardening.html
>>
>> If people use words they eventually become recognized, that doesn't mean
>> they have any real significance.

> irrelivant

Very "relivent". The English language incorporates any commonly used word,
this does not validate the word or mean it refers to something real or
credible.