John Gaquin

Default Pre-cooked Bacon

"George" > wrote in message news:eIiFb.3906

> It seems like a soultion without a problem? As long as you have a nuker

it
> is easy to do bacon. I don't eat bacon often so I just buy a pack and
> separate it and put it in the freezer. If you eat bacon frequently skip

the
> freezing part. When I want bacon I just wrap it in a couple paper towels

and
> nuke. It produces perfect, crispy low grease bacon.

It seems a small problem, 'tis true. But, to get to the same place (eating
bacon), you have to handle yours twice, as opposed to once. Additionally,
the net weight of a pack of pre-cooked is about 2-3 oz., as opposed to a
full pound of standard pack. The only difference is the fat. The US
produces about 8 million metric tons of pork products every year, and a good
chunk of that is bacon (no pun intended). Three-quarters of the weight of
every standard bacon shipment is wasted weight. How much fuel does that
burn?