Carol

Default Different results. Why?

"John N." > wrote in message >...
> I make a lot of pizzas, and the last couple times I made seem to have lost
> something in the crust. I'm hoping someone here can help me identify the
> problem and suggest a solution.
>

> Hydration - It did feel a little drier than it usually does last time.

John, since you said you make a lot of pizzas, I'm assuming you're
using the KitchenAid as you routinely do, so that is probably not the
issue. You also mentioned the yeast was fresh and the rising time the
same. But since you mentioned the dough felt drier, I wondered about
the age of the flour. As flour ages, it loses moisture, requiring
more liquid in the dough.

Humidity can also be an issue. I don't know where you live, but
changes in weather can affect the hydration. Go by feel and if you
sense more water is needed, add it. I hope this helps.

Carol