Bubba

Michael wrote:

>In March we've got a condo reserved down south for
>a vacation. We'll have a full kitchen and I'd like
>to make some quick and easy meals to save us having
>to go out for every meal. Breakfast will definitely
>be a serve-yourself affair, so I'm targeting lunch
>and dinner. We could easily just go to the grocery
>store and buy cold cuts and bread and hit the deli
>for potato salad etc, but I'd like to at least have
>a go at a few simple but different meals.
>
>I've been browsing both the quick-meal and the few-
>ingredient cookbooks and have pretty much found that
>I need to stick with the few-ingredient ones.
>Although we are not against packing a small variety
>of herbs and spices to take with us, we do not want
>to have to go to the expense of fully stocking the
>kitchen. The number of ingredients needs to be
>somewhat limited.
>
>Anyway, I've come up with a few ideas: angel hair
>spaghetti and just about anything, chicken quesidias
>(sp?), and Moroccan chicken. Do you have any good
>ideas for something quick and easy to fix and maybe
>just a bit off the beaten track?
>
>Thank you, Michael

This is sort of side stepping your question, but I thought I'd offer an
idea that I've found enjoyable. I have done the condo/cottage/cabin
thing a bit and always found it fun to do some research into the
culinary history of the area and then try to create those types of meals
using local products. It's probably a bit odd, but I find that it adds
a dimension to the vacation. Kinda cool sitting in, say, a cabin in the
Okefenokee Swamp eating gator tail, swamp cabbage, and cornbread.
Just "food" for thought.

Bubba

--
You wanna measure, or you wanna cook?