Dusty

"Mary" > wrote in message
> Ok, I'm sure someone in this very knowledgeable group can help me here.

> is chewy, a bit salty, and has great texture. The package says
> "Matnakhash" and lists only flour, yeast, salt and water as the
> ingredients. I've done a dogpile.com (much better than google) search for
> "Matnakhash" and had no success with finding a recipe to try at home.

> Anyone know that this bread is called or have a recipe?

It's too bad that your "much better than Google" search engine couldn't
figure out that it's spelled: "matnakash" (:-o)!

IIRC; matnakash is a regional name for a bread more commonly known as
Barbari. Use that, and you can find many recipes...

Keep in mind that this kind of bread is both ancient and widely made with
many, similar variations. And yes, I like it as well. Your query made me
do some looking. I found several interesting related recipes...I'm looking
forward to the next few days...

Dusty
--
Remove STORE to reply