Scott

Default Tasting chocolate

This is a somewhat academic question, but...
I was wondering if there was a proper order in tasting chocolate like
there is wine.

I just picked up two bars each of Scharffen Berger and Valrhona, one
each dark (~80%) and one each milk.

I thought that if you tasted the dark first then the milk, the latter
would taste overly sweet in comparison. Similarly, if the order were
reversed, the dark's bitterness would be exaggerated. Should I just let
a good amount of time pass between each sort?

Also, what's the best way to clear the palate between tastings of the
same sort/different brands of chocolate?

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

<http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>