Craig Bergren

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:22:28 +0000, Lew Bryson wrote:

> "Steve Jackson" > wrote in message
>> And as for that, those Czech hops represent a pretty small proportion of

> the
>> hops A-B uses. They have massive hop fields in Idaho (I think it's Idaho
>> - Lew?) where the overwhelming bulk of their hops originate.

> Y'know, for a change, I'm gonna stay out of this.

Since when was 8% overwhelming. I suppose if it is contrasted to all
other sources, Elk Mountain is the largest source, still it produces less
than 8% of the hops used by AB. I couldn't find any figures on how much of
it is Saaz, but they harvested approximately 1.5 million pounds which
is about 2 times the Saaz they bought from the Czech republic, but still
only 8% of AB total hop usage.

http://www.czhops.cz/stats2003.html

http://www.beertravelers.com/lists/hopfarms.html