Julia Altshuler

Robyn Rosenthal wrote:

> I have never heard of food causing the symptoms of air-borne allergies and I
> was just wondering if anyone else has.

Oh, sure. It happens all the time and isn't that unusual. All sorts of
things can be allergens including all sorts of foods, and the allergic
reaction can be all sorts of symptoms including the classic stuffed head
and sneezing. You could be allergic to one of the spices in your stew.
You could also have caught cold coincidentally with eating the stew.
Or you could be reacting to something airborne that has nothing to do
with the stew. Furthermore, sometimes one allergen isn't enough to
cause a full-blown allergy attack by itself, but a few allergens in
combination will do it. Welcome to the wonderful world of allergies.
Now you have some sleuthing to do to figure out what caused your
symptoms. Go take an antihistamine; don't drive until the effects have
worn off, and feel better soon.

--Lia