Default CHOLESTEROL

Katra > wrote:

> It still drives me nuts that I see so many people fail to control their
> cholesterol.... on low fat diets! :-P And their providers keep pushing it.

> And the vast majority of Atkins dieters achieve success in a short
> period of time, without the destructive and dangerous lipid lowering
> "drugs". :-(

But are there any longitudinal studies that have looked at people on
the Atkins Diet over a period of a few years? It seems to me that the
Atkins Diet is a short-lived solution that most people cannot sustain
throughout their lives. Rush Limbaugh is a perfect example of this, he
is a big proponent of the Atkins Diet, and he did lose a heck of a lot
of weight on it, but he has since put a lot of that weight back on. I
suspect his experience is typical.

Better is a diet that fits one's lifestyle and that combines regular
consumption of good quality foods (not processed) with excercise.