Eric Jorgensen

Default Icing secret ???

(N. Thornton) wrote in message
> [...]

> >been making coconut icing for years, and whether you >believe me or
> >not, its definitely a superior icing. Try some and >find out. If you
> >dont, youre guessing, or maybe reasoning, but not >reasoning right
> >somewhere.

>=20
> Coconut icing with no sugar? That is a misnomer=85
> An icing or even called a frosting usually contains sugar. It may or=20
> may not contain fat.Such as the boiled icing and related meringue
> based icing.
> But what you are talking about is a mixture of coconut oil and
> cardamom powder. That is considered a coating and not an icing.
> However if that how you call it then that's fine.
>=20
> I think I will never be able to try that as in my situation icings are
> sweet and if its bland and spicy the bakery business will go bankrupt.
> You do not make things just to prove a point; I produce things because
> somebody needs it and the business I am working with depends on it.
>=20
>=20
> >a guess

> It is not a conjecture,,,,What you are doing is considered (frankly
> speaking)sheer madness =85..
> Mixing fat and spice and call that an icing? What a silly idea that
> no respectable bakery employer will even think about. being sold in
> his bakery.
>=20
> If I have to make your style use that to coat my cakes and present
> that to the customer, ....
> Gosh! Somebody will bring a straitjacket to tie me up and bring me to
> the insane asylum!
> That will be the end to my illustrious and lucrative career.
>=20
> > I have seen some sample of that so called fat block made with
> > coconut fat. It is called Copha.It is a firm block of fat appearing
> > like tallow but whiter.
> > I am using it as the fat component ( instead of costly butter)to
> > prepare commercial caramel and fudge sweets. From my experience in
> > using it, its not dispersible in water. It needs an emulsifier.
> >
> >no: what you say is true if the concentration is low, >but over a

> wide
> >range it disperses very well. I've never had a >dispersion problem,

> but
> >I know not to try using it the way you describe.

>=20
> Well again I do not have the opportunity to verify such claim. If I
> will experiment with that (and as requied by company regulation)
> record the complete details of the trial in our R&D information
> atabase; and somebody in the company reads it; I will be subjected to
> ridicule and my professional credibility will be tarnished.
> The company technical manager will say =91there is a wacko in this
> establishment.
> Get rid of him while he still partly sober!'

Hey, maybe you're just looking at this the wrong way.=20

Maybe you could market this as "Atkins-Friendly Low-Carb Sugar-Free
Glaze"

Yes, I know it's got essentially no carbohydrates, but as Pepsi and
Coke are noticing, a non-carbohydrate, nay, even non-caloric product is
not nearly as attractive to the modern dieter as a low-carbohydrate
product.

Best to just, fudge the truth a little, and see if you can find some
way to get someone on fatkins to buy a donut from you. If it tastes like
a scented candle, that's actually a recommendation for it, since dieters
have this bizarre sense of flagellation where they feel guilty if their
food isn't nasty and unappetizing.=20